As partner and voice of reason to Fox Mulder on the iconic 90’s sci-fi drama The X-Files, Dana Scully wore an outfit that was professional and to the point in almost every episode. She has also become somewhat of a cult fashion figure amongst fans of the program, and her simple style makes her a prime target for a 1990s Halloween costume.
At the FBI, conservative dressing is the way to go, and to recreate Scully’s daily duds you will need the following:
- A white blouse.
- Dark blue or black pant suit, complete with jacket. If you want to substitute a business-style skirt, then that can work too.
- Dark heels.
- A gold cross to go around your neck.
- An FBI badge with your picture or Scully’s, and of course Scully’s name and signature. You can laminate a rectangular piece of poster board to get an authentic look and clip it to your breast pocket.
- Red wig (one below could use a some trimming), or for the ultimate in Scully impersonation, dye your own hair a shade of strawberry.
- There are a few other accessories you can use to complete the outfit. A gun or flashlight are a good bet, and you can also make your entrance wearing either a long trench coat or an FBI windbreaker – yellow reflective tape is great for spelling out the letters on the back.
To help you pull together this great 90’s costume, we’ve provided links below to buy any of the key elements that you might be missing.